Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thanks for the style shout-out!

Thanks Hannah, at Art. Paper. Scissors. Glue! for recognizing me as a "stylish blogger"!  I believe it works like this...
1. Link the person who recognized you. 
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Forward the honor to 5 bloggers you enjoy following.

1.  I just started blogging about our art learning at Dolvin Elementary last August, and it has been such a fun experience.  It's really exciting to see your blog viewed all around the world and get fresh ideas from creative teachers around the world.  I'm definitely hooked!

2.  Blogging has led to 2 ATC trades so far, and I look forward to learning more about this activity and participating in many more trades.


3.  I'm working on writing and illustrating a children's book and my goal is to get it out there before the end of the year... fingers crossed!

4.  My favorite illustrators are Ezra Jack Keats, Ian Falconer, Edward Gorey, and of course Eric Carle.

5.  I am very excited to go see the Toulouse-Lautrec show at the High Museum tomorrow night with lots of Atlanta area art teachers.

6.  I have some really talented students, and so many of them tell me that art is their favorite special.  This is also quite a compliment, as our music and P. E. teachers are extremely popular!

7.  I am in my 18th year of teaching, and I still get really excited about new projects as well as old favorites.  As Hokusai believed, I plan on getting better and better until I am a hundred and ten!

I would like to give the style shout-out to:
Katie at Abbotts Hill Art Studio - a fellow Fulton county teacher and JCAC instructor
Mr. E at Art with Mr. E - enjoying his space themed art this semester!
Katina at Lake Forest Louvre - another local teacher and hometown friend
Mrs. Cutshall at Sinking Springs Art - I believe this is also a new blog, and it seems her taste is very similar to mine : )
Shannah at New City Arts - beautiful photos and lots of interesting textile ideas

There are many others I'd like to mention, but others beat me to it!  Thanks to ALL the teachers out there who share their ideas generously for the benefit of all students everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!