Thursday, December 5, 2013

Guess Who Came to Visit Us!

Yesterday I overheard a couple of first graders talking during art class and one said that there was a turkey outside. I had my hands full at the time and didn't look, assuming it was a goose or some other kind of bird. Then they said it again, so I looked, and what do you know - what a beauty!


I have a large wall of windows that face a wooded area in a suburban neighborhood, so it's not uncommon to see dogs, squirrels, turtles, rabbits and deer on occasion. But a turkey? The week after Thanksgiving!?!
We were all taken by surprise and stayed quiet and relatively still to not scare her away. She stayed nearby most of the afternoon and even came back today! I asked around and several other teachers have seen her too - some took the opportunity to observe and others drew their blinds to the distraction - haha! 
We think she is lucky to have escaped Turkey Day and maybe she just wants to do a little learning, or maybe to have her portrait painted...
This is the spot she likes best - she peeks in over my paint rack:


I hope she comes back tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! If she keeps coming back you should come up with a good artist name for her! I have a whole flock that comes down into my yard from the mountain every morning! 11-12 ladies and one male. He keeps his eye out for them while they are eating...should see him when he shows off his tail and struts his stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!